Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wait...What?

The Economy Showdown

Please match the following lettered description with the corresponding numbered quote below:

a)Governor that is running for 5th grade Student Council President
b)Senator that is the only candidate offering real solutions and sticking to the topic
c)Senator that is still using 911 as a crutch



1)
"We're going to put an end to the reckless conduct, corruption, and unbridled greed that have caused a crisis on wall street and America, we're going to put a stop to it."
"We have to assure every American that their deposit in a bank is safe, we have to have a 911 commission and we have to fix this alphabet soup of regulatory agencies that's left over from the 1930s...."

2)"We also need serious reform on Wall Street and John McCain is the guy who will get it done"
"With your vote we're going to Washington D.C. to shake things up"
"His tax plans really would kill jobs, and hurt small businesses and make even today's bad economy, look like the good ol' days"

3)"Senator McCain offered up the oldest Washington stunt in the book. You pass the buck to a commission to study the problem. Now here's the thing, this isn't 911, we know how we got into this mess, what we need now is the leadership to get us out..."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

A = 2
B = 3
C = 1
I'm really not sure which is which, but as I was browsing a blog discussing sewing techniques and such, I came across an interesting statement (keep in mind that this is a British woman)..."I bought a new camera lens when I was in the US in August. I think it really makes a difference in my photos. I also bought PILES of new fabric, including that featured here. I went a little crazy since everything is so cheap there."

Just a little something to show an objective point of view regarding our economy.

wagrella said...

1 = C
2 = A
3 = B
Hah, "5th Grade Student Council President". I bet her posters are hot pink!